Spare wheel with non-standard wheels

dombat

Can I just confirm that now I have 16" rims, i may as well remove the spare wheel as it is a different circumference to all the other wheels.

weight saving = good!

MINESGTIR

what ? im running 16" and i put my spare on to drive home once when i go a puncture ? it went fine by the way...

Braveheart

MINESGTIR said:
what ? im running 16" and i put my spare on to drive home once when i go a puncture ? it went fine by the way...
Oh my.... that's what you think... your diff and transfer box probably felt the strain more than you.:doh: :shock:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It should be ok as long as the overall diammeters of the tyres are the same or quite similar. I don't think our transfer boxes are as brittle as calibra ones.

MarkTurbo

MINESGTIR said:
Same here, i took a front tyre off the rim once going into a corner too quick so had to actually use the silly yellow thing in the boot :lol: 16's with 40 profile tyres are near enough the same diameter as the standard wheel/tyre combination anyway so dont see what the fuss is about ;-)

MINESGTIR

EXACTLY. i have driven over 50 miles on my spare when i went over a shitty road.... the diamater was the same as the others.. it did not drive or sit funny... im sure it was fine !!!

P

pulsarboby

if i was using car otr then i would carry one;-)
any wheels better than no wheel at all, at least it will get you home or to a garage if needs be