Speed Recaller - screwed up!

maz

Hey everyone, this is my first post after getting a gtir on friday! and im absolutely blown away by it! :)

unfortunately im not a member yet so il have to make do in here for time being.

so anyway the guy i bought the car from, had some little device on the car called 'how fazt speed recaller' and basicaly every time i push this little button the speedometer pops up to 140 showin my last high speed, but then the mileage clock turns aswell, so by pressing it twice ive added 1 mile onto the clock! so basicaly is this little recaller broke? and if not, how do i get it out my car?

anyone with any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys!

/maz

Ricky_GTi-R

If you dont wanna remove it or cant find a way to remove it mate you could always just stop pushing the button, kinda weird that it adds miles to your odometer tho, wonder if its been doin that ever since it was fitted :shock:

GINGA

the unit is giving the speedo a electronic signal when the button is pressed, so the speedo thinks its doing 140mph and will clock up miles at the same rate.
Should be simple to remove, just a matter of cutting it out of the wiring and rejoining the wires its joined to.

maz

Thanks Ginda, thats exactly what i needed to know, was just a bit worrying seeing the miles go up on the clock without the engine running, had a wee panic :eek:

il get that sorted tomorow then.

/maz