Speedo dipping

B

blr123

Hi lads,

The problem is that when cruising at a fixed speed the speedo sometimes falls to zero and then picks up again......................linkage.................what do you recon?

Also if it is the linkage is it easy to get at and change and what does it cost........................questions questions eh :roll: :lol: ?

Cheers
Bryan

youngsyp

There is no linkage, it's all done electronically. Sounds like you have a dodgy connection somewhere. Not sure where it connects to the gearbox but, check around the back of or under the dash for loose cables. Either that or the sensor is not done up properly and hanging out of the gearbox :oops:

F

Fizzy

Had exactly the same problem. I'd be pootling along the motorway, and it would just stop. Slow down to around 50mph and it would pick up again. Turned out to be a dodgy speedo convertor.

Rav

i used to have the same problem but now mine has stopped working all together i would like to get it sorted but i really look at the speedo any way so......

M

Mulisha

Since the speedo is electonic there was to be a loose wire or something. Electronic equipment either works or it doesn't and if it does neither check the wiring on the back. Start by using a jumper wire for the speedo to the ecu and go from there, or just borrow another one :D

How is your front bumer looking?