speedometer part 2;-)

doggydowg

Thanks for replys realy usefull stuff, you were correct was top left fuse thanks.

Rev conter works but speedo doesnt;-(

i have 12volt + and neg wired to my 4 wire convereter and signal wire has 4volts running in and then to my yellow converter wire then into the grey converter wire 4volts.

dont see why it doesnt reed maybe my speedo is fuckd.

i will try going over 6k in 4th later if i can il settle for that as i just want my car delimited.

Anyone know what the volts should read before and after signal wire on the converter?

i also heard a rumour that if the ecu is not getting a speed signal it gives up and only alows u to rev to 6k? i have taken it above 6k in 2nd and 3rd fine so im hoping my clock is fuckd as my ecu is hopefully getting the speed signal?

thanks for any imput cant wait to get the car back togther and on road properly Paul.

DanDud

IIRC if the ECU isnt getting a speed reading it will only let you do 105 in 4th and 120 in 5th, im having the same problems since my speedo packed up.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Can you try rewireing it back to standard and see if the speedo works?

When my delimiter died and the speedo didn't work, every time I hit about 6500ish rpm in 5th (closr ratio gearbox) my car died until I slowed down to about 5500rpm. So as I got the speedo sorted-- problem solved.

doggydowg

thats the speed my car was cutting out at with my old delimiter so i thought id try a new delimiter i will test 2n and see what happens.

next thing i guess will be to buy another set of clocks not all about hjaving a 300bhp car that only goes upto 100mph in 4th then 125mph in 5th is it;-)

my car was cutting at 6k in 4th and 5.5k in 5th when it went over 120mph in 5th the speedometer would go to 0mph then wouldnt come back till i went under 20mph!

which is why i thought delimiter playing up this is the most commmon problem on pulsars and after about 5 hours of searching no one has a definative answer on this one CRAZY.

thanks for reply, if anyone is kind anough of happens to know what should the voltage be for along the signal wire before and after the delimiter at idle this should give me a good indiction as to whats going on.

I guess next stage will be to find out what pin the signal wire goes to and see if this actualy gets a reading then from there check gear box end is conected;-(

chears Paul.

doggydowg

i was thikning of putting it to std or rewiring the old delimiter in, i want to see if the car us actualy delimited in that i can go above 110mph first if it is id be happy at that for now.

if i was to wire it up to std what happens with the top and bottom spedometer wires have these been wired in as a non std extra for old converter, in which case i just unscrew these off and do away with them?

Many thanks and sorry to drag this out for sooo long Paul.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
On my car the factory wire are cut and the delimiter fits in series into the cuts, so going back to standard is just a case of rejoining the same coloured wires. Is yours slightly different?

doggydowg

hiya

still hit limiter in 4th at 6k ;_(

the cut wires i have are one red and one green but coming out of two screws i have two yellow wires,

1)so are these two wires that come from screws non std in that i can just do away with them connnect the green too the green and the red to the red and kph start reading again?

first off il try sticking the old delimiter on to see if it starts reading again if not,

2) could i have damaged to the speedo messing about with the wires?

3)if my ecu isnt getting a speedo reading how does it no to stop working and cut my ign at 6k in 4th and not 6k in 1st,2nd and 3rd?

4)if i put the delimiter back to other delimiter set up and still get cut at 6k what action do i take next? i am still £1250 in debt for car and cant afford rolling road or tuner time to fix this at the mo and realy getting anoyd at this.

5) just had a thought what about buying a mines ecu or simular this will cure it found one for a oner is this good? and will this eefect my 295bhp i have at the mo on my std ecu?

thanks Paul.

SickBoy

Hi m8

Interesting reading !!!!

Just to add some thing in #

When i hit 120 ish my speedo drops to 0 ....then comes back when i drop below 20 ....but i dont seem to have any engine cuts 140 is no problem ....the plot thickens :roll:

Lee

pulsar_stu

Could your problem be a faulty speed sensor????????

on my R the speedo was working fine untill i had the transfer box changed, i had the clocks changed and the converter disconected and the speed sensor but it still didnt change the problem, my speedo comes on when it wants and rises slowley.

If you nead a speed sensor i have two for sale.