sr20det from 180sx - wont start

K

kizzyturbo4x4

i got a friend with an s13 with 180sx sr20det swap.
cars been running fine for over a year.
but suddently when driving it normal and nice one day it just stopped.
We have tryed almost everything i can think of.
the problem seems to be the injectors wont open and let in fuel.
now you all prob. gonna ask about all other things and mostly we have check it.
we got:

- Good spark
- fuel pressure at back of injectors.
- Cas signals checks out ok. (tried two different ones)
- checked engine timing. all ok. cams are in right position and so on...
- Ecu gives no fault codes. also tried other ecu with same results.
- tried to replace injectors. same results
- checked AFM voltage, seems allright. also tried without AFM (tried that before, starts without AFM)

The shite injectors wont open!!!!!

coul any sensor mailfunction or similar cause the engine to close of fueling when crancking?
remember it stopped suddently when driving at constant speed.

please help me cause this really starting to bugger me! :( :evil:

paz

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, have you tried replacing the injectors?

Other than that, I'm out!

Paz

A

AJ4

Are the injectors actually opening and closing ? Do you know if you are seeing a control signal on the plug ? Have you checked the dropping resistors ( assuming they use them ) ?

O

Olly

personally would pop my snap on noid light in the end of each injector plug to see electrically if they are being pulsed when cranking over, are your earths to them good and do you have any power at them when cranking?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check the dropping resistor, ecu relay or maybe the ecu itself if it's down to the injectors not opening.

Is there definately a good spark? Ignition amplifier can stop you starting.

Does the car hav an immobiliser fitted? sometimes these are fitted into the fuel circuit as well.

K

kizzyturbo4x4

-I solved it :D :D

Problem was that there was a breach or worse just almost a breach in the 12+ supply circuit for the injtors and some more of the system.
it was kind of tricky to find cause the injectors sometimes had 12v but sometimes it dropped to only 2v. By monitoring the voltage on one of the injector plug we discovered this.
I then found the fuse for this circuit and made a new connection from that and into the harness at another point, supplying 12+ from another point and by this looped passed the breach or bad connection point.
and then it started at first try! :)