Standard caliper shims

littlewimp

im after the shims that fit onto the standard caliper mounting brackets, i need 2 for the front and one for the rear. i no its only a small thing but can anyone help. thanks neil. i dont get much joy from my local nissan garage as they don't recognise the chassis number!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
By shims, do you mean those little clips that hold the pads in? Or the backing plates; I think those come with new pads don't they?

You can get them as a set from Nissan, but you may need to give them the part number.
Try part: 41080-54C26 Hardware Kit-Front Disc Brake Pad - That should contain both the clips and the backing plates for one caliper
Try: 44060-75C90 Pad Kit-Disc Brake for the rears.

You could also try the Sunny GTi (i.e. SR20DE engined) parts because I think it's the same caliper at the front... I don't know about the back; that's a unique caliper because none of the other related models have a driven rear axle. - However, 44060-0N690 is a superseding part that fits the N15 Almera, so that's probably worth trying.

littlewimp

thanks, its the little clips that hold the pads i'm after, now i have some part numbers that will make it a lot easier, i will try the nissan garage tomorrow if i get chance. cheers neil.

GTI-R Nath

i lost one of my rear shims when i was working on my car a few months ago, and i phoned nissan and they wanted £45 for the 4 rear shims luckily i managed to get 2nd hand ones

also they were on back order

Gtirchris

Give bigg red brakes a try buddy if you don't get anywhere with Nissan, I'm fairly sure they do the brake hardware bits and bobs.;-)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Give bigg red brakes a try buddy if you don't get anywhere with Nissan, I'm fairly sure they do the brake hardware bits and bobs.;-)
They do, but I'm not sure it extends to the shims. - I was after replacement sliders for my calipers recently, and they don't stock them. They do have all the seals, plus replacement pistons, if you want to rebuild the calipers.

littlewimp

i will try big red, the calipers are in really good condition apart from these missing bits as the cars been stored since 2004 i think? i only got it recently .

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
big red don't sell caliper shims
Thanks for the confirmation. - Like I said, I know they don't sell the slider pins... or at least they say they don't, but that could be that they haven't got them cross-referenced against pins they do sell.

GTI-R Nath

yeah they don't sell caliper shims ..... i lost one of my shims when i was removing my rear caliper to send to bigg red for a caliper rebuild & powder coat, when they got the calipers they said that they don't sell shims for specific models of cars, and to contact nissan for the shims