Standard calipers-good or bad?

P

petebann

Just got my gt-r yesterday and already wanting a brake upgrade. Read through a lot of the 'search' findings but did wonder with just new discs and pads would the brakes be half decent or is it best to change calipers too?
At present makes me **** twitch when braking heehee!!

KF79GTIR

In a word mate the standard stoppers are shite get a set of willwoods or godspeed brakes and callipers and you will stop twitching and give you a lot more confidence when coming into corners.:thumbsup:

Mr GTiR

Agreed, the standard brake set up is shockingly shite! Have you not has a brown trouser moment yet, as most R owners will experience this with standard stoppers. When it first happened to me i thought my barkes were knackard.

My first mod was a set of 310mm 4 pot Willwoods.

IMO, uprated disc's and pads are a waste of money. Bite the bullet and get some 4 pots, you won't regret it.

PaulB

I had that "brown trouser moment" when i was playing with a 360 modena.

Needless to say, his brakes are better than a GTiR standard setup, and i was on the phone to Rally design for the Wilwoods the next day. :thumbsup:

CruiseGTi-R

Standard calipers are ****ing shit.

Wilwoods are also pathetic. Three laps on a track and they're grumbling.

I'm in a bad mood.

O

Odin

CruiseGTi-R said:
They're ****ing shit.

:shock: !!!Harsh!!! but a fair assessment I feel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

O

Odin

CruiseGTi-R said:
I'm in a bad mood.

And if my name was Toby and I lived in the gay capital of England then I might be a bit upset as well :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Just re do you make up and put on a brave face petal ;-) .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
P

petebann

yep, a lot tobe desired so will opt for some upgrades then hehe! certainly not confidence inspiring to say the least!!