Standard engine with uprated turbo

Mr GTiR

As some of you may know my engine is being rebuilt atm by Agra but i have ran into some 'problems' which i'm not going to get into, nothing to do with Agra.

I'm looking at chucking in a standard engine along with my plenium and gearbox from my engine.

The problem is that my turbo is about the size of a GT2870. Will the big turbo cause any damage to the engine if i run stock boost? I may even run at 1 bar and hope the 'temp' engine holds together with the big turbo :p

What are peoples thoughts.......?

EVOBAD

no it will just be very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwit will be like having a supercharger on car it should kick in at about 5000rpm

Gray

I was planning on running a gt2871 on my engine with standard internals but with my emanage, boost controller and 700cc injectors

Why would running a bigger turbo cause damage to a standard engine?

O

Odin

I'm running a far bigger turbo on my box standard engine at over 400bhp, So i think you'd be pretty safe at one bar you useless mong.

Rob

G

GTI-R Kid

Mr GTiR said:
What are peoples thoughts.......?
I think I hate you because you have the money and resources to do such a thing, while your real engine is being built.:pout:

GTiR_Mic

SickBoy said:
Mic wot figures are you getting fron the 3071 at 1.2 bar ??

Lee
Not sure yet mate, need to get it on the Rolling Road, it feels a lot more powerful than my last set-up and that was 333bhp & 299 lb at 1.3 bar on a std tubby.

Mic