Standard exahust and cat

P

pulsarboby

ive got a cat and standard front pipe, if thats any use pm me!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
k20 gtr said:
I need this for my mot coming up as i've got a turbo back system which kind of buggers me....
Why does it?

I and many others have a Mongoose turbo back system for example and we get through the MOT OK.

k20 gtr

I thought that if its registered after august 92 if there is not a cat fitted it will fail? Does it have different regs for an import?

MarkTurbo

k20 gtr said:
I thought that if its registered after august 92 if there is not a cat fitted it will fail? Does it have different regs for an import?
Yours is a uk Gti-r isnt it? If so then yes you probably will need to put the cat back on to get it through the emissions test ;-) If it was an import then you can get away with it :doh: I have this trouble every year, because mine is a uk car i have to put the cat back on (its comes straight off as soon as the mot is done :lol: ) You dont need a standard exhaust though, i just swap the cat with the small de cat silencer on my mongoose exhaust ;-)

A

andrew

Mine went straight through mot I know the guy so I was sorted on emmisions.
3' straightt through no cat on an L reg uk car.

k20 gtr

Hmm will see if i can put the cat there, just thought with it being from the turbo id have to change the down pipe etc to put one in as i didnt want to cut the mongoose put one in then take it out etc....

MarkTurbo

Should just be a case of removing the small silencer after the front pipe and bolting the cat in its place, simple ;-)

kev GTI-R

This car is a UK GTI-R, hence technicaly it should have one for a MOT, but personally i would see if they notice, then change it afterwards if required!!!

k20 gtr

Ha sounds like a plan, yeah i think i'll give that a bash first and then resort to fitting one where the other silencer is, thanks guys...