Steps to make 400bhp

E

evo

What do you need to make a reliable 400bhp.

What boost, turbo, injectors, ECU, Fuel comp etc.

Will the stock turbo push 400bhp at the crank?

E

evo

Searching just now... some great cars on here 8)

It seems the push beyond 320bhp is one few make.. Is this the point Injectors & AFMs are needed?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
evo said:
Searching just now... some great cars on here 8)

It seems the push beyond 320bhp is one few make.. Is this the point Injectors & AFMs are needed?

Stock injectors and MAFs have been known to be pushed further than that...

350 i would say is your limit... But it depends car to car... i remember back when i was setting up for 1.2bar.. No extra fueling was needed... 1.4bar... only 2% - 3% extra fuel was needed... Whereas some cars won't even manage 1.2bar with the stock equipment...

You can do it on a stock engine with the right cam setup... You'll need management, turbo, Z32 MAF, injectors etc etc etc... but thats just the power.. You'll want brakes and suspension setup too... have a look at a few compressor maps for a turbo to suit your needs...

Do a search for 400bhp before someone shoots you... :lol:

C

carpy100

££££, PROPERLY!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Keira

if i was continuing with the black car i would be doing the following..

headgasket (although i'd probably wait and see when the standard one would let go first)
gt3071r (1.4-1.6bar)
e-manage with the pressure sensor
750 injectors
headgasket

and i'd say job jobbed..

i already have fuel pump, frontmount, oil cooler, water injection, decent exhaust and boost control so have a head start but thats all i'd need to do to get 400bhp, personally wouldn't bother with cams...if it blew a ring land i'd then rebuild it, wouldn't bother until that happened though :wink: