STICK IT?

P

PaddyPower

I hope this is in the correct section.

The sensor that conects to your air filter, air flow meter? the conection on mine is a bit crap. It comes a bit loose then the car goes mental. All power cuts out car strugles to stay alive and not die and black smoke pumps out the exhaust as it tries to brieth.

Does anyone know what the part number is? How much are they and are they a standard part even if fitted to an after market filter?

When i hold it in place using a cable tie (thats all i had with me at the time) it works fine. I realise it is not the way to do it, but will this sufice or do i kneed to replace the whole thing? Looks like a trickie job as i cant see where the other end of it goes.

There should be a little wire clip thing that holds it in place, check that this isn't missing before you do anything drastic, if it needs replacing god knows :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
PaddyPower said:
When i hold it in place using a cable tie (thats all i had with me at the time) it works fine. I realise it is not the way to do it, but will this sufice or do i kneed to replace the whole thing? Looks like a trickie job as i cant see where the other end of it goes.
If it works ok like this I'd be tempted to save my money and leave it, at least you know where to look when it starts acting up. See if you can get a cheap second hand one off here :wink:

S

stomski

you can just make one out of a paperclip mate, job done, no cost :wink:

mine kept coming loose on my 1st pulsar, the maf would come loose and i remember one experience bombing down the motorway in the fast lane and it came loose-i had a great time cutting across 3 lanes with the hazards on :wink: :lol:

P

PaddyPower

stomski said:
you can just make one out of a paperclip mate, job done, no cost :wink:

mine kept coming loose on my 1st pulsar, the maf would come loose and i remember one experience bombing down the motorway in the fast lane and it came loose-i had a great time cutting across 3 lanes with the hazards on :wink: :lol:
Try doing 40 down a highstreet durring rush hour and then as you hit the busiest part infront of everyone, your exhaust goes bang, you have no power under your foot and your car sounds like it has just smoked 1000 fags non stop. :oops: The looks of stupid boy racer came from everywhere and whats worse, a blioke in a poobie tooted me and waved.

The metal clip thing doesnt look to clever, will probably go for the old cable tie trick as it seems to work. When this comes loose, is the car rendered useless?

antgtir

I would stick with either cable tie or see if you can buy one off here. Ive done the same cable tie trick with a diff connection and thats worked fine for the last year, no probs.

At least you know whats wrong if it happens again, goodluck.

Ant.