still forking knocking!!!!!!!

J

japedup

IVE HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR A MONTH NOW AND ITS GETTING ON MY TITS.WHEN I TURN RIGHT AT SLOW SPEED FROM BEING STATIONARY, NOT EVEN A QUARTER OF THE LOCK I CAN HEAR AND FEEL THIS KNOCKING NOISE COMING FROM THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE.IVE HAD THE TOP MOUNT CHANGED,THE DRIVE SHAFT CHANGED, THE CV JOINT CHANGED.NOW THERE SAYING ITS GOT A TRICK DIFF ON THE FRONT, I HALF UNDERSTAND WHAT HES GOING ON ABOUT BUT HE SAYS HE CAN FIX IT BY PUTTING THE STANDARD DIFF BACK ON. ALSO THIS GUY CLAIMS THE MOD IS WORTH A £1000, AND ITS MENT TO MAKE THIS NOISE, HAHA I DONT THINK SO. PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS GOT ANY IDEAS AND ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT, I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFULL

zia

was there a lot movement on the driveshaft when you turn in?can you get the noise to reoccur with somebody watching the suspension over a pit or ramp?

zia

skiddusmarkus

Have you got a woodpecker lodging in your wheel arch :wink: ?Mine used to knock from the rear and it did my head in.Swapped the suspension and it cured it....for a bit.Still knocks every now and again though.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Who are they? Is it a single knock or a continuos knocking?
Is it only when you turn right? if it was the diff I'd have thought it'd be the same both ways?

J

japedup

its a continuos knock and it knocks faster when you slowly increase speed. soz for the lack of info

T

the black beast

Did you check any steering components on that side of the car? Also check for free play in your bottom ball joint.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Was it only when you turn the one direction?
If you'd have said a clicking , I'd have said outer cv joint.
Do you feel any movement of the chassis with the knocking?
What's the handling like under normal driving (stable and quiet , knocking, knocking and unstable)?)

J

japedup

well you can feel some sort of knocking n rocking when turning right only.It feels stable and quiet under nomal driving conditions.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be surprised if it's the diff then, but I don't know diffs that well.

I'd be looking at the cv joint/balljoint/general suspension area on your front left. See if you can find any play in anything with it on ramps and with it jacked up.

J

japedup

ive not got up rated sus on the front, i dont think, ive been through the cv joint and the top mount.the thing is the garages round my area are not to be trusted with the R so i have rang hiteq and they have said they will be able to take a look at it after christmas