still have the problem????

dazgtir

hi guys, my r was showing a fault 13 a while ago so i have now changed the temp sensor, went for a drive and after about 10 mins the engine check light started flickering on and off, still showing fault 13. is this now likely to be the wiring and how dificult is it to rewire???

Jonesy

It's more likely to be a connection than the wire itself. Is this the sensor with the crimp connection, might needed re-crimped.

Jonesy

I was thinking about the other temp sensor. Do you have a good connection at the plug, is it corroded ?

geoff pine

Jonesy said:
I was thinking about the other temp sensor. Do you have a good connection at the plug, is it corroded ?
I thought this was for information only (gauge) the ecu reads the one with the red plug.

dazgtir

just looking at the eccs diagrams, looks like the earth for the engine temp sensor and the tps are the same wire, the tps would cause high idles and starting problems too??? so if the earth was broken would this still give me a fault 13, and what is the best way of checking before i become a mad scientist and have a go at it. these are the problems i have at the mo,,,

my R wont start from hot unless i give it some throttle,
misfires,
idles high.
and i get a puff of black smoke when its started warm now,
and i think the rad fans are on all the time,
also the throttle seems very on off, it wont gradually come in,

Last edited:

Jonesy

Do you have a multimeter to check the earth ? if so just check the resistance between the earth wire on the temp sensor plug and the negative terminal on the battery. Should be pretty close to 0 hms.

dazgtir

ok i will try that......just had a look at my avcr, the throttle bit on that seems fine goes up and down smoothly with the pedal up to 99.4% ish so does that mean the throttle curciut is fine and i dont get a fault for that??