still idling high!!!!

L-3man

help please, my car is idling high i was told it was because it was because my car had a boost controller before and it wasnt removed properly but i fitted a new 1 and that didnt help, ive had it plugged into a diagnostic machine but no fault codes came up and ive replaced the lander censor that didnt sort it either.:sad:

nimhbk

I would say you have the same problem as the rest of us...mine is 1500 from start up, and ends up at about 1100 for the rest of the day... been doing it for two years has not blown up yet, it was once at 950 for about one month after changing the breathers on the top of the engine, but then the engine came out for a new clutch, and since then back at 1100

L-3man

idling

yeh but mine stays at 1500 even when warm and sometimes just over 1500, and when the car is at its optimum running temp its holds back almost like it needs new leads,sounds like it over fueling, ive changed the plugs,leads dizzy and rotar arm,lander cersor and had the emitions tested, could it be the automatic choke sticking?

creedy

sounds like the idle control valve is carbon'ed up and could do with cleaning.

it is on the back of the inlet manifold right hand side...only way to get at it is to remove the inlet manifold. belive it has a purple plug on it.

rx jamie

push the throttle closed with your hands under the bonnet. that solves mine for about a week or so untill the crud builds up behind the butterflies again.