Stop or go? Bit of a dilemma

Which would you choose?

• Total voters
G

GTI-R Kid

Right lads, I've found myself in a bit of a pickle. The missus to be has told me tonight that as a wedding present I can get what I want up to a certain limit, :thumbsup: and the 2 things that come to mind are a Power FC (fitted & set up) and a big-brake setup for the front of the car (4 pots with 310mm discs most likely).

Its one or the other, and I really don't know which way to go.:doh:

To assist your vote I can tell you that the car will be an everyday driver, running no more than 1.3bar boost on the standard turbo and more than likely left at 1.1bar for most journeys. The internals have been upgraded a bit, along with a higher capacity clutch. My driving has only ever once seen me expierence brake fade once (i must be light on the brakes and not trying hard enough?) and herself is a little more mechanically sympathetic. It will rarely ever see a track (due to the lack of facilities over here) so the only spirited driving it will see will be twisty B-roads.;-)

So which would you choose? Please give reasons too, and don't just vote?;-)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I recommend the Brake Kit...

Basially with your current turbo setup the PowerFC won't really give you much benefit until you add the fuel pump ¦ injectors ¦ turbo etc...

However, the brakes will make your car much nicer to drive... Later on the brakes, more fun on the b-roads, safer, and if you do decide to take it out on a track you'll be quicker with the brakes as you'll be able to brake later into corners etc..

At the end of the day at your current spec you'll see more benefit from the brakes...

Rishi

cmng

Yes
Brake is my choice

No point have a Good ECU and Powerful engine if the car cannot stop on time

Fazz

Brake's.

When you get it back on the road you will be driving more spiritedly and will realise the brakes really do need upgrading...

Mine were on black diamond discs and green stuff pads and weren't holding up.. when braking hard the sparks were a bit embarassing!

Got the Wilwood 4 Pot kit fitted and has been a good buy, and you might disconnect the abs whilst you're at it! :)

As a further reason - couple of us are looking at getting the Power FC at the moment... Have a deal whereby Richie at Extreme will supply and fit for 850. Which is a damn impressive price - still waiting for them to come in to confirm it is the Ap Engineering one... But he did confirm it is but none arrived as of yet.

Trouble is, mapping.... Not sure who to trust over here. Extreme will happily do it but it'd be their first time with a GTI-R and would require some setting up time etc etc...
Option of choice at mo is to get the base map - drive over to UK @ RC developments and get Clive to set up in couple hours.
Away we go then... But to get any benefit turbo, air flow meter and injectors need to be uprated is my research anyway... ( we'll assume you do indeed have the fuel pump! )

Also - you won't really see any benefit as stated. Only thing you need to ensure is that your timing is slightly retarded to 18degree's or so to protect engine from our crap fuel... Power FC not required for that.

Last edited:

maz

dont overlook the brakes :) i got the 310mm wilwood kit and its been spot on, makes me feel so much safer now

Mr GTiR

4 pot brakes was one of the first mods i did, No pint having a quick motor if you can't stop quickly.

As previousley stated, for your current engines set up, a Power FC would be a waste of money unless you upgraded the turbo, injectros, etc.

G

GTI-R Kid

Pretty unanimous voting there!:shock:

Looks like big stoppers are next on the shopping list so.:thumbsup:

Fazz you have pm.;-)

Everyone else - cheers for the comments and reasoning.:thumbsup:

L

lilu677

You search woman for friend?

If you search girl for pen pal and more, it for you!I'm single girl and i search single man, I'm 33yold.my e-mail: starmylife777@gmail,com If you search woman for pen pal and more write to me and i can sendto you my new pics and tell more about myself. I post this message from this forum because i don't have credit card and can't pay of dating site.If you want find a friend please write to me. I wait your message on my email.Natalya.

Fazz

wtff!!!?????

we being invaded by weirdo's, freaks an perverts and lonely weirdo's......

mr moderator sir.... over to u...