Strange noise, seems to be coming from bottom end!

J

Jonny H

got home last night, was letting the engine cool down a tad before turning off and noticed what i can only describe as an 'airy / tinny' sort of noise coming from the engine bay :cry: maybe its my being paranoid but ive never heard it make this noise before so im a bit :? the car runs fine, oil pressures are normal, engine temp seems fine, boost guages read what they should etc...... any ideas?

I

Innovate Performance

Your exhaust cooling down and contracting if it sounded like a tinng sound will do this if it is hot or you have been for a blast.

J

Jonny H

Your exhaust cooling down and contracting if it sounded like a tinng sound will do this if it is hot or you have been for a blast.
i cant really describe the sound to be honest, it was a continuous sound! like air being forced through a thin metal tube! :? :? bit of a cak example but its late and thats the best i could come up with!! :lol: :wink:

i would say it definately is the zorst cooling down but its strange ive never heard it before!! unless of course i only payed attention last night! :roll:

and you drive like ms daisy so im sure its fine
:p :wink: :lol: :lol:

JIMMYBACK

mattygti-r said:
jon that engine is strong as oh no, and you drive like ms daisy so im sure its fine :) :lol: 8)
thats rich coming from mandy im sorry matty..cos he drives like a girlies girl :p :lol: :lol:

mattygti-r

:roll: :roll: no really i am just in my comments lol

his gota FMIC but still on standard boost :lol: (very nice R thou)

jon if oil pressure/temp is ok etc, cant really see there a problem oil levels ok?

J

Jonny H

yea everything seems fine in terms of running, ALL dials read what they should, dont seem to have any boost leaks or anything.... i think I.P may be correct about it being the zorst, just wanted to make sure! :oops: