Strange noise when reachin 100mph...

A

Andybtsn

I'm not one too break speed limits etc hence not finding out this problem till now (4 weeks after buying the car)

I was driving home from footy with mate, and got onto the A1 at night, booted it up to 100mph and then the car started vibrating underneith my feet it seemed and the car came alot louder, it might of also dropped in power but I can't remember to be honest as the noise/vibrations scared me so I took my foot off the accelerator.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

A

Andybtsn

Hmm, I thought I'd feel the difference at whatever speed? I thought it was more in the lines of the car not liking that speed!

Car is driving ok yeah, never had that problem before.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Wheels out of balance seem to go through a certain speed range where they feel pretty bad, then they can clear up again.

paz

I'd go for wheel balance as well, last time I had a dodgy one I only used to feel it around 60-70mph then it cleared up below and above that.

Paz

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Which tyres are you using... Lower Speed rated tyres can cause this when passing thier speed limits...

Also check the Wheel Alignment...

Rishi

J

justin666

You sure it wasnt your passenger screaming and bouncing about with the excitment of being in an R..???? If it wasnt that then it sounds like wheel balancing :-D

J.

paz

Or a fat passenger causing your perfectly balanced wheels to become unbalanced? :lol: ;)

paz