strange sound

G

garyRR

hi guys ,i have a strange problem,when pulling away in first slowly i have noticed that i get a faint buzzing /rattly type sound until i get to about 1900 rpm then it goes,im thinking it might be timing chain tentioner but im not sure,also im not that great with engines & i would like to know if there are any good mechanics in the herts area (watford st albans),that are trust worthy with my r as a lot claim to be but know fook all & just blag away about knowing the ins & outs of the pulsar,any help would be great,thanks guys.. :)

andygtir

have you checked for anything loose? the manifold/turbo heat shields can rattle as can the turbo elbow if that works loose ( its the part with the lamda sensor coming out of it if you look down between the turbo/exhaust and the radiator). check the alternator tensioner and the pulley incase the bearing's on its way out. check the power steering pump as well.

does it do it on idle or if you rev it at standstill? if it does go round the engine bay holding and prodding bits until it stops, or you can tell where its coming from.