sunny 1.4

J

jack1612

hi, i recently bought a 1991 Sunny 1.4, very cheap. Its the later sunny model (gti-r shape). I noticed that it has got a weber carb, and a manual choke. I was just wondering if anyone knows please if this is how they come as standard? Also, there are 2 wiring block connectors near the carb, that arn't connected to anything. Does anyone know what these could be for?
What would people suggest about fitting a K&N? does the carb need to be set up etc?

thanks for your help!
Jack

J

Jonny H

i had an N14 1.4 sunny special edition before my R and it was fuel injected! The normal N14 models were carbs as standard i believe?!

L

leeboy

if its got a manual choke then its had a replacement carb or even an engine, doesnt matter though, it will still be around in 10 years time after you sell it chugging around :)

J

jack1612

ok cheers for the replies! as standard would it have been auto choke, and say, a mikuni carb or something? its got 110,000 miles on it, im not worried though, got a primera with 140,000miles and have no probs whatsoever! the SR20 is bullet proof i believe? the sunny is 16valve twin cam aswell.

G

GartracS2

The carbs were never reliable Nissan changed to EFi on all models in 1993.

J

jack1612

ok, so it is gona be better with a weber carb then and manual choke?