Super MOT for modified cars...

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
This came out on 1st April a couple of years back too;-)

There is something on the DVLA site, but it's major changes they're referring to for the use of Q plate I think.

maz

can you imagine things got as bad as that video someone posted a few weeks ago, showing the crap they go through in california etc? that would drive me insane. hopefully we dont hear anymore about this!

MarkTurbo

The way the government has got it in for cars these days thats actually believable :cry:

I read somewhere the otherday that they were even thinking about making modified cars go through an SVA test :shock:

B

boots_n_braces

this ideas been thrown out of the window, not officially yet but theres bugger all chance of it going through (its not what you know it who you know ;)

J

jpward

Holy crap :jaw: better not come in! Bad enough MOT system here

bracpan

Nothing suprieses me any more with any bloody goverment.
Will work even harder to keep mine looking standard.
What the eye dont see..........
Cheers
Phil
ps if that doesnt work ill race the car in the modified class, strip it bear and trailer it to the meetings.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

lol, i read this and i feel like we are havein more and more of a right taken a way

T

Trent

i took mine to my local mot center to see what the damage was come mot time and i was pleasantly suprised at what i could get away with. seems the emmissions were well under the limit (no fuelling upgrades YET) and even though its a late '92, aparently i dont need a cat so its a good job i binned it!, he said he doesnt have a decibel meter so as far as he was concerned the noise level was ok even though its got a 3" system from turbo back with one pointless box where the cat used to be and he revved it up and it popped and back fired like a trooper and set a car alarm off on one of his other customers cars across the other side of the garage. he doesnt have a light meter so he's ok with the limo black window film (not fitted by me before you all start)and my odometer is screwed up but he said that wasnt a problem either.

cojack

If they bring this is in and it cost's us a packet. I think what we should do is block up the m25 or some where that will **** them off with every modded car we could round up sorry to say but including that chav's every month till they get rid of it again.
The mot we now have is fine as long as you have a decent tester