Suspension top mounts

jameswrx2

new?

If 2nd hand, are they ok?

Mine seem a bit noisey. I presume gti-r ones are just like other marque's? ie they have a bearing in them that starts to make the noise (like evo ones)

May go for a 2nd hand set and remove the bearings, get them matched up and replace the bearings. Any thoughts on this?

youngsyp

jameswrx2 said:
new?

If 2nd hand, are they ok?

Mine seem a bit noisey. I presume gti-r ones are just like other marque's? ie they have a bearing in them that starts to make the noise (like evo ones)

May go for a 2nd hand set and remove the bearings, get them matched up and replace the bearings. Any thoughts on this?
There aren't any 'bearings' in the OE GTiR top mounts. They're just a couple of metal plates, with a rubber bushing in there too !

If you can get a set for reasonable money, I'd go for a set of Cusco pillowball top mounts !

Keira

youngsyp said:
If you can get a set for reasonable money, I'd go for a set of Cusco pillowball top mounts !
got some of them aswell ;)

as youngsyp there, is no real bearing in our topmount, its made up of 3 parts iirc, like a sandwich :lol:, on the fronts there is some sort of thrust washer in there that can wear or be left out if you change mounts as it sticks to the old one, if it is worn or missing, it will clunk on turning lock to lock

the actual centre part of the front mounts, the bit with the studs is, or was about £11 from nissan, the ones i have are old, no idea what they're like tbh, they came off a car we pillaged