suspension

mikey bean

im looking for somewhere to get suspension upgrades from? where is good? i need everything from arms to coilovers to new rack. any help would be great thanks :)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What are you doing with it, and why does it need to be upgraded?

There's not a whole lot in after-market suspension; Whiteline make upgraded ARBs for the front and back, and obviously there's a variety of people selling polybushes.

Depending on what you're wanting to do there may be some different options for struts/springs/coilovers.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Fair enough; coilovers probably are the right choice in that case.

This is not my area of expertise; there are a couple on the market at the moment. D2 and BC... one of them is more recommended than the other.
Once you've got them, take a look at Campbellju's mod to use the top plate to give you more camber.

There's nothing in unprated wishbones etc. - All you can do is polybush them. From memory SuperPro/Superflex/Powerflex/Energy Suspension/Whiteline all make bushes for the wishbones and droplinks. Whiteline might be the only ones that do one that adjusts the castor a bit.
It's probably worth finding your local Whiteline dealer; around here it would be Demon Tweaks.

The steering rack bushes are elusive. - Energy Suspension may or may not make them; the ones they sell may not actually fit a GTiR.

There are a couple of people who make kits for the rear sub-frame I think.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Good point. - That was from the NME homologation document wasn't it?

I don't think you can buy them like that (other than off another member who has done it), it's one of those things to stiffen the monocoque when you're seam welding that too. I guess the idea is that they won't bend so easily when you smack into something in a rally; although it's probably still necessary to carry spares.

All depends what you want to spend, in terms of coilovers:

bottom end (sub 1k) you're looking at BC, Tein etc.

In the middle of the road (circa £2k) you could look at DMS, intrax, or KW will make you a custom set for £500 a corner

If you have loadsa money Exe-TC, Reiger, Ohlins will all make items to order (if you want to sell a kidney).

You can poly bush but for a track car you may want to consider rose bushes, a couple of guys (one in italy and one in canada) have made adjustable roase bushed control arms. Its also worth searching for "castor mod" as the amount of castor is one of the down falls of the stock set up.

After that its probably worth budgeting to have the alignment and corner weighting sorted out.