take a look at this if you know anything please!!

chrism

I thought I´d have a go at wiring in a shift-light tonight and I seem to have buggered up my car.I found 12v at the ignition and a good ground.I then spliced the correct wire/pin on the ecu loom.It didnt work though.
As I started the motor I noticed the check engine light and was running rough.Im not sure if it was like this before as I didnt start the car until I had wired in the light.Also, the fans come on as soon as I turn the ignition lights on.The only way to switch them off is if I turn the ignition off.
I tried to do the paperclip test but I was unable to get it to flash.I tried unplugging the battery for an hour but still the same.Ive checked and double checked if I managed to pull a wire off when I removed the ecu but dont see anything wrong.Ive checked al the fuses(not that it should matter!).
Now I m stuck.If we look by the fact I had my ecu loom off.What else could be causing the problem with the fans? Obviously they are getting a signal to come on.The question is why.Has anyoneelse been unable to do the paperclip check? If so,what was the problem there?
Know this is a bit long winded but its best with a smuch info as poss.Was there for hours trying to get the bastard to work.Im about a half inch from tears:cry: :cry:

stumo

and was running rough.Im not sure if it was like this before as I didnt start the car until I had wired
before you started to put in the shift light, was the car running ok?

If it was, you could try removing all the wiring that goes with the shift light, that way you can see if you have damaged anything ( ecu etc ).

If the car is now running ok then double check which pin on the ecu it should go to and also find out which wire you spliced into and what it does.....

chrism

The car was running perfectly yesterday.

Ive already removed all wiring to the light and double checked that it was the right pin.What could I have done??