takiara japan a minefield?

A

Anonymous

hi as a new member im finding it difficult to know which products are correct for the sunny example

hks pistons and rods im sure the 87mm pistons are correct but it only
lists for the sr20det will these parts fit the pulsar confused????

geetee

I may be wrong of course but I thought the SR20DET is the engine in the Pulsar GTI-R (and some other Niss cars) :?

Cheers
GeeTee

A

Anonymous

yes i thought the sr20det is the engine code for the gtir but also for the 200sx.even tomei or jun everything is for the sr20det
so if i order pistons and rods will they be correct or incorrect???

R

robinsongtir

they won't be correct the 200zx engines and other SR20DET engines are not the same you need to ask for RNN14 SR20DET specific

S

Sirnixalot

the pistons will be safe but the rods will not be the same. Your best bet for the rods is either PAR from Australia or Crower from the US.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Arrow rods................I got this reply from them about a month back. :wink:

Dear Fast Guy,

The Arrow 163 should be able to cope with every eventuality in the Nissan GTIR engine. If you were to give me your piston weight I will do a tensile load calculation. We have the Arrow 163 in stock. They are not titanium but the steel weight is only 520 grams. If you require a set of Ti rods we would need 8 weeks to manufacture at a cost of £2200 for the set. To be honest I have never been asked to make Ti rods for that engine. Titanium rods are as strong but require monitoring (can have fretting problems with shells).

Arrow 163 main features

Fully machined from dedicated forging.

End to end balanced to within a gram.

Rumbled and peened.

Crack detected.

Laser Etched.

Arrow 163 rod weight = grams 520

Cost per set = £720 + Carriage .

We can accept credit card payment

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Ian Arnold.

Managing Director.

Arrow Precision Engineering.

Tel. 01455 234200

Fax. 01455 233545

web. www.arrowprecision.co.uk

email. ian.arnold@arrowprecision.co.uk

R

robinsongtir

RC use these rods in the EVO's that they rebuild and the 200zx and GTi-R's I was shown a set of Arrow's compared to some crowers and eagle rods and you can see the quality of the finis on the Arrows are far superior but like they said you pay that little bit more for the extra quality