That'll be knackered then...

A

Anonymous

My recently purchased 'R seems to be a little fooked!

It felt like it was holding back abit before boost but i put it down to overfueling and had an appointment at powerstation to get it all sorted.

But unfortunatly due to all the wheels being on the piss, it didn't happen!

I drove to stoke at 70-75mph and when i got there i started to hear a wierd noise, at that point i was a little gutted cos it sounded like the exaust blowing. I picked my mate up and went to pull away and there was no power! The turbo was spinning up and everything sounded right but i didnt go anywhere! The handbrake wasn't on before you ask.... :roll:

I went to Turbosystems and the boss promptly told me that he didn't want to help me because its not a rs / cosworth / scooby / skyline / evo. Fine i thought and went to start her up and she was fine-ish!

During the couple of hours i was there, the noise got louder and it now sounds like a tractor.

Took it to the garage the next day and the bloke could feel a leak in the exhaust somewhere but couldn't pinpoint it. He suggested it was probably a gasket on the turbo. Went to see a mate today and was driving up his road in 2nd and the car started to slow down, i pulled over and the engine cut out :cry: started her back up and she was idling at about 500rpm and was coughing out black smoke. Upon opening the bonnet there's a little bit of smoke emerging from the dump valve area of the engine. Upon restarting the engine, it was fine - no probs.

Booked into powerstation on wednesday, anyone got and thoughts and more importantly £££'s.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

E

Edd

sounds like you have an air leak from the dumpvalve....

....check your dump valve is tight and done up and that al dump valve pipes are tight, your symptoms sound just like i had when my dumpvalve blew off the pipe :shock:

A

Anonymous

:shock:
I'll get powerstation to check it out but there's no denying the exhaust is buggered somewhere! can't drive anywhere without being :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not the kind of looks i want!

J

jaigtir

Dont worry mate, i might not be as bad as you think. :( . dont worry about being :oops: , imagine how i felt when mine was buggered on the side of the dual carriageway, with all the nova gimps laughing as they went past. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Sounds similar to the problem I had...

Does it sound like an Impreza WRX...? Could be running on 3 cylinders...

Do a compression test...

Also check the Injector Resistor Pack as this seems to get moved around depending on your cars under bonnet setup... Its a silver Mars Bar sized thing... Look for it on the stut turet... If its not there then stand at the passenger side headlight and look to the deck just back from the headlight - under where the battery or induction kit is depending on your setup.... A lot of cars seem to have them screwed in there which exposses them to water... Eventually they corrode and cause the injectors to fail... This explains the noise, lack of power, low idle and smoke from the BOV area... I know this because it happened to me...

Give it a look...

Rishi

A

Anonymous

Thanks for you reply, and your PM :)

The car doesn't sound like a WRX, no. It just sounds like the exhaust is blowing. I don't however know if this is completly related to the smoke & lack of power etc.

I'll post what powerstation say when i know, hopefully its not going to be to expensive as i've only just bought her / paid for insurance!

A

Anonymous

jaigtr said:
Dont worry mate, i might not be as bad as you think. :( . dont worry about being :oops: , imagine how i felt when mine was buggered on the side of the dual carriageway, with all the nova gimps laughing as they went past. :oops: :oops: :oops:
buggered on the side of a dual carriageway with nova gimps watching? :lol:

unlucky :lol: :oops: :roll:

J

JamesB

check the Injector Resistor Pack - how can you tell if this is stuffed??