This sounds good

turblio

well I think so what do you all reckon?...

MD205 Roller Bearing turbo, high flow 48.29mm inducer compressor wheel, re-profiled 0.60 A/R compressor housing, T28 compact GT series roller bearing core, left hand thread “low inertia” shaft & wheel fitted with staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted, 0.64 A/R turbine housing uprated 14 psi actuator. Approx 370 BHP

Bit pricey but very tempted :p
Frank

C

Crazy

Go for the MD214, with a bit of hustling it can be bought for £1025 :wink:

Had mine fitted by PowerStation about 2 weeks ago and all I can say is :shock: :shock: ........................................................................................................ 8)

Pulls all the way to the redline and it spools up even quicker than the standard turbo, goig back to PowerStation on Wednesday so that they can fit a Unichip to my car and up the boost to 1.2bar :shock: :wink:

Should be interesting :D

GINGA

You could have a HKS GTRS less than a grand inc shipping from Greenline only trouble is lack of warranty though :(
Though think if I was to do it again i'd probably go with the likes of the 214 :wink: as i'm not convinced by all these lack of lag claims made for these turbo's as the Americans and japanese seem to have a different idea of whats laggy than us :?
The GT28RS (disco potato) is renowned for being as fast spooler but on this audi engine which would be a high comp to around 9:1 you can see even with 10psi boost it doesn't really hit peak boost until 4k rpm judging by the torque graph :?: thats can hardly be called a fast spooling turbo :?:

turblio

Cheers Ginga,

your right mate I suppose its also about not when it spools but how fast it
produces usable power.... god I hate these sort of decisions, hmmm
do I .... or .... er oh sh*te gotta get the old one off first anyway! :roll:
Frank

zia

don,t mean to sound stupid but how do they measure what power it,s capable of ? for instance how extensive is the (donor) engine modified.is it rated on standard engine running huge boost? what effecieny does the turbo give at say 1.4 bar? rating somthing powerwise seem rather misleading or is that just me being cynical. :oops: how do they back up thier claims,what compressor maps have you seen?

zia

GINGA

I'm looking at it :wink: are you doing the rolling road day on Sat or have/are you going to be doing a power run in the near future :?:

C

Crazy

Hopefully :)

As long as I get home tonight, you guys must know what Friday nights are like :wink: :D