Thor Racing in Coventery

MATTYGREEN

I'm not 100% sure if this in the right section but anyway...........

I'm looking at getting my R mapped to around 1.3/1.4bar at the end of next month. Have an emanage fitted already and have seen that Thor racing can map the emanage and that they are not too far away from me.

Has anyone used them before and if so would you recommed them?

Thanks
Matt

MATTYGREEN

rayman75 said:
where are you mate, if your south i would recommend fusion edd.

That's the fella who fitted my emanage and did a good job. My injectors are maxing out at just over 6250rpm at 1.2 bar, and have just bought some Nismo 600cc injectors from Steve Pudney.

I was just wondering about Thor as they have a rolling road and was unsure if it's better to get it mapped on the rollers or on the road??

Thanks
Matt.

ashills

bring it back down here mate ed will sort it out for you i wouldnt recomend thor personally if u want a dyno pack power graph i can arrange for your car to be tested at abbeymotorsport after ed has mapped it for you as they are just down teh road from us

cheers allen

MATTYGREEN

ashills said:
bring it back down here mate ed will sort it out for you i wouldnt recomend thor personally if u want a dyno pack power graph i can arrange for your car to be tested at abbeymotorsport after ed has mapped it for you as they are just down teh road from us

cheers allen

To be fair I will more than likely use Edd again, although I'll ask him to come to me again as it's about a 240 mile round trip (i'm about 10 mins from the Pod) and the M25 is an **** at the best of times.....lol.....

Then I might use the Midlands rolling road day to see what power I get.

Thanks
Matt.

forge400

hi

I woulden't take my car anywhere near them cowboyz. I took my Honda Prelude 2,2 Turbo to them to get my Emanage mapped up. They diden't have a clue of what they were doing they overfueled my car and put in a normal v-tec map in it. So if I was you take it back to that ed gheeza. By the way I got Honda mapped on the road and it made 384bhp.

J

justin666

As already said, some people have good experiences, some have bad. Thor have set up and mapped a few of my friends cars and they have had no probs at all. Prime example, My mates Mitsi GTO. using wide band and det cans they mapped in on the dyno at 0.9 bar of boost.. The car makes almost 380bhp and has been doing that day in and day out for the past 2 years. :thumbsup:

However, I have heard of a couple of pulsar owners having issues with them. You pays ya money, You takes ya choice.

J.

Mr GTiR

A mate of mine had his GT4 mapped at Thor and got very good results.

But like J has said, some peole have had bad experiences with them.

j10gtr

Having known personally of a couple of very poorly mapped cars from Thor I would stay well clear !!!!!!!

Thanks
Paul

P

powerfreack

i would go to someone i know as i have heard many bad things about these guys inc blowing honda's up

MATTYGREEN

Cheers for all your comments chaps ;-)

Have decided that i'm going to use Edd again, as he did a top job fitting my emanage in the first place. It seems that a few of you have had bad experiences with Thor and I don't want to be added to that list.

Thanks
Matt.