Threaded Wilwood!

Smo

Right, disaster!

I'm rebuilding my car after fitting an uprated selector fork. All that was left for me to do was rebleed the brakes (I have Wilwood 4-pots).

The passenger caliper thread stripped when I was putting in the banjo bolt. Bugger! As far as I'm aware it's a 10x1.0 thread - can anybody shed some light on this please?

GTi-R-Us suggested taking the caliper to an engineering firm to get it tapped and a bush put in to allow for the original banjo bolt to be used, but with a helicoil kit will I be able to do it myself? If not I'll just take it somwhere, it's not a huge problem.

stumo

From memory i thought it was an imperial thread (possibly 1/8-27NPT) but probibly wrong, perhaps a phonecall to Rally design would be in order?

Last edited:

Tim

Wilwood thread is 1/8 NPT

Thank the yanks, you can buy adaptors from raldes. The bloke who made my lines up had adaptors in stock i can pass on his details if needs be.

Smo

Cheers guys - managed to find someone who could help me. Only problem being this;

Does anyone know what this is/what it does and how to remove it? It's getting in the way of the tap.

Cheers.

Hold them upside down when you tap it mate otherwise you will get swarf in the cylinder and you really don't want that :(
Are you putting in a helicoil then?

Smo

I was going to helicoil it yes but for peace of mind I've purchased a new one from the states.