Throttl bodies & ECU Q'

sypher

Hi all, stripped my inlet manifold today and removed throttle plates, my Q' is the spindal, how are they removed and is there seal kit replacement?

2nd Q' are all stock ecu's interchangable or is there any differences between years etc, if so what are the differences (poss' wiring) as i was under the impression that all SR20's 54C versions used same components?

Stu.

Keira

lose the links and springs and i think theres a nut on end of spindles and you remove that then bang them out.

was ages ago i did mine, cant remember 100% tbh :oops: :lol:

its self explanetary when you look at them :wink:

sypher

got all parts off, needed to know if one spindal bearing is bigger at a particular side and if the seals will rip. Thanks

Anyone got an idea about the ecu?

Stu.

A

AJ4

The seals all seem to be the same size. There is a metal pressed in washer holding the seals in, it will pop out when you remove the spindle, the seals shouldn't get damaged. Btw, I'd put a couple of nuts on the end of the spindle and hammer them instead of the bare shaft. Some nugget I know ( ahem :oops: ) hammered the spindle directly and wanked all the threads :oops: :oops: :oops:

All ECU's should be the same, maybe some minor internal mods, but all function alike.

sypher

Thanks i'll see about getting the spindals out soon.

Back on ECU Q' i do remember watching a thread once when i first joined that stated ( i think ) that later ecu's won't work on earlier cars or maybe other way around ??????? anyone ever tried a known good donor ecu in a car only to find it not run??

Stu.