time to go for a new turbo?

nismoboy

i feel that the standard t28 is a bit life less after 5 rpm, im after a new turbo with roughly the same spool up time but with a bit more top end power? i want something thats really gonna put me in my seat! and i want it to produce 400bhp any ideas`s :?:

I dont want to run to much boost tho as i want to keep it reliable( ie 1.1-1.3 bar max) will it be possible to reach 400bhp with 1.3 bar?

GINGA

Hks gtrs, garrett gt2871, turbo dynamics md214 should all fit your requirements with the gtrs probably being the closet to getting you 400bhp at 1.3bar :wink:
the md214 should be pretty much a direct fit, the gtrs will need a few minor mods to get it to fit and the 2871 will require new intake and outlet piping made up.

skiddusmarkus

MD214 needs the turbo elbow slightly modifying.You have to elongate a hole and do the saem to the metal gasket between it and the turbo.You also have to weld up the 2 blt holes for the oil return and have 2 new ones drilled.I elongated the hole myself and paid an engineering firm £15 to sort the oil return.Nothing too hard at all.