Too keep ABS or to ditch it that is the question

takumigtir

HI all just a quick ask of every ones opinion really i have my car basically down to the bare shell and have been contenplating getting rid of the abs side of things and i was wondering if anyone else out there has done it the set up i have for it is 305mm front discs and brembo 4 pots and standard rear,let me know what you think is it worth doing or isnt it ??? cheers :-D

antopulsar

in my personal opinion mate i would keep it why get rid of something which could save your car and yourself in a near accident. just my pennys worth

guider

my r has the hi spec upgrade kit with the abs disconnected and its been ok in some b road close shave i have had. not sure if the abs ecu will be confused with bigger sized discs

takumigtir

on previous cars with upgraded brakes its caused me more problems then anything kicking as soon as i hit the pedal say at 70 or 80 + coming into roundabouts so ive had to take a brave pill and use the gears which is fine id rather not have the possibility of it kicking in when i dont want to i would have thought ill be able to stop quicker too but i dont know.thanks so far for everyones opinions i will have to ask BOB about what bias valve to use