Too much Oil

LeeSmith

what happens when u put too much oiul in your engine?
I take it, it's gonna screw the pressures up?mine is about 5 mil over the H indicator and the cars been parked up for 5 hours and not started &on a flat surface......

Shall i drain some out the sump??

A

Anonymous

LeeSmith said:
what happens when u put too much oiul in your engine?
I take it, it's gonna screw the pressures up?mine is about 5 mil over the H indicator and the cars been parked up for 5 hours and not started &on a flat surface......

Shall i drain some out the sump??
if the level is a LOT higher,it can blow oil seals etc etc but i wouldn't worry if it's ONLY 5mm :D

LeeSmith

oap-r said:
if the level is a LOT higher,it can blow oil seals etc etc but i wouldn't worry if it's ONLY 5mm :D
Thank you matey :p

Didn't want another problem!!!!!

My clutch is playing up at the minute!

i have to push the clutch down until it is about 2 inches off the floor before i can change gear now!
It went all of a sudden.....
I'm going to bleed the system on sunday to see if that helps.......

A

Anonymous

LeeSmith said:
My clutch is playing up at the minute!

i have to push the clutch down until it is about 2 inches off the floor before i can change gear now!
It went all of a sudden.....
I'm going to bleed the system on sunday to see if that helps.......
make sure you check for any damp patches :wink: :oops: i mean leaks :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Depending on the health of your engine, over filling with oil could result in a big cloud of smoke as the blow-by pushes oil into the breather system and then into the intake.
If you massively overfill with oil, mechanical damage could result, but we're talking filling the sump and crankcase here :wink:
Like Oap-r says, if it's only a little bit, don't worry. :)