toyota st-205

G

garyRR

just had a race with one of these,(foook me nice car!),couldent launch it coz of bad clutch,may have been a diffrent story if i could of!,he was pulling away from me proper!,:),must have took badge off coz mines running std internals cept air filter pipe,& rr tune,mines 232 bhp 202 tourqe so he must be 1 bar at least!,good fun tho!,anyone else had a run in with one of these beasts!? :p

GTiR_Mic

Standard they run 250-255 bhp if they are an import. They are nice cars, I was going to buy one before I bought my R but I was advised not to. They are big heavy cars.

I have blew one away wasnt that hard to be honest, i was 333 bhp and im nout sure about him though.

Mic

youngsyp

I had a WRC model before my R until someone smashed it up for me :( They are very nice cars and like most jap turbo cars, respond well to tuning. If it was standard, it would have reduced boost in 1st and 2nd gear. This is very easy to bypass :wink: You can easily run them at 1.2 bar (300 bhp ish) without doing anything else as the fuelling will handle it. When I had mine, I could keep up with a slightly modded Evo Tommi Mak with Blitz filter, 3" elbow and downpipe into 2.5" de cat exhaust and 14 psi but, they weigh about the same (1380 Kgs).
To pull away from you at any rate, I would expect it to be 300 bhp plus :?

stugtir

My mate has got a st205, we both took are cars to get them remapped up in bristol, his car made 352bhp and mine made 272bhp and there was nothing in it!!

If anything i would do him on a launch, and in gear acceleration as i had a roller bearing turbo it got on boost alot quicker than his!!

Very good car though, :wink: not to be underestimated just look at what fensport guys have achieved with there celica and corrolla!!

stu

G

garyRR

thanks guys for the replies ,i thought i may have had him on 1st & 2and,but clutch would not take that sort of beating :( ,he went about 5 car lenths ahead from me when he pushed it,nice car tho,dident look as fast as it was!,i think it could be fmount 1bar time! :) ..

celicaGT4st205

garycopsey said:
just had a race with one of these,(foook me nice car!),couldent launch it coz of bad clutch,may have been a diffrent story if i could of!,he was pulling away from me proper!,:),must have took badge off coz mines running std internals cept air filter pipe,& rr tune,mines 232 bhp 202 tourqe so he must be 1 bar at least!,good fun tho!,anyone else had a run in with one of these beasts!? :p
What colour was it? Where abouts are ya? I will ask on the gt4oc to see if he is part of the club and what mods he has. Oh, when was it?

Mike

G

garyRR

hi mate,it was this monday about 9 pm on the dual carrigeways to st albans ,i was cumming back towards garston,he was white with white wheels, the gt4 bits of his spoiler were blacked out(cheeky bugger! :)),like i said ,it went well! nice to play with peeps who drive well!,i should have a little bit more power when i see him next fingers crossed!, :)

celicaGT4st205

garyRR said:
hi mate,it was this monday about 9 pm on the dual carrigeways to st albans ,i was cumming back towards garston,he was white with white wheels, the gt4 bits of his spoiler were blacked out(cheeky bugger! :)),like i said ,it went well! nice to play with peeps who drive well!,i should have a little bit more power when i see him next fingers crossed!, :)
I have put a post on gt4oc mate. Hopefully he is a member and reads the forum.

The black gt4 bits you refer to come as black as standard. Some people like to paint them to match the car. I prefer them black though. They are just raiser blocks for the spoiler.