Toyota Starlet GT.......

J

Jonny H

Ok people.....Im looking for a garage that is in the know how about Toyota Starlet GT Turbos. Does anyone in here know anywhere that specializes in them or has done lots of work on them before etc.....? Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Jonny :)

Rav

try fensport for any help or advice as my bro has an ep81 advance model with a few tuning bits from them :D

J

Jonny H

Rav said:
try fensport for any help or advice as my bro has an ep81 advance model with a few tuning bits from them :D
Ok coolio, will do! Cheers :D

paz said:
Have you tried the owners club?
I havent if im being honest but all my queries that ive raised on there in the past, i havent been impressed with the response.....i get much mroe sense if i ask on here! :? :shock:

J

Jonny H

Cheers for the comments guys.....looks like Fensport are the guys to see! 8)

J

Jonny H

Its not actually my car, its my gf's so im doing this on her behalf.

Right....basically she needs a few things sorted on the car to begin with.....im not amazingly technically minded however the boost settings are all over the place so im assuming the standard Lo/Hi settings are screwed so they need sorting + the clutch and gearbox need taking a look at...... Thats mainly it but i think her plan is to just take it to a garage and just get them to blitz and sort everything that needs sorting etc.....

cojack

Have you checked all the vac hose's are ok not disconnected or split. Take it the clutch needs doing wot's up with the g/box is it the bearing's very common on toymotor's to fail. Where about's are you in the uk fella maybe i could do the work for you :?:

neal

The gearbox on the starbo is usually very good and takes alot of hammering to destroy one, the clutch is your first checkpoint.

As far as the boost go's check all vacum hoses like somebody above me said, or just buy an electronic boost controller and rip the factory controller out.. It restricts you in 1st and 2nd gear anyways.

Jgti-R

my best mate has got a 200bhp starlet done by fensport

he tells me there's one about kicking out over 300 horses!.......1.3 litre!!!

J

Jonny H

cojack said:
Have you checked all the vac hose's are ok not disconnected or split. Take it the clutch needs doing wot's up with the g/box is it the bearing's very common on toymotor's to fail. Where about's are you in the uk fella maybe i could do the work for you :?:
All hoses seem fine....Hmmm...if im being honest I dont really know.....I just know something isnt right.....the clutch definately needs doing.....as far as the box goes, possible bearing's failure and i think i detect a bit of gear linkage troubles too!

That would be great mate.....im from sunny Essex.

cojack

Little bit far away that fella. Hope you get it sorted if you need anything else let me know will do me best to help :!:

celicaGT4st205

There was a starlet turbo that came to well lane rr session last year for your clubs shootout, which myself and a nsx also ran on. The starlet turbo got 276bhp