track only gtir

gtirtrack

right guys after my insurance running out over the weekend and me not having the money to pay for the renewal i decided to put the r up for sale. i spent all weekend cleaning it giving it the full autoglym treatment lol and it looks amazing, i cannot bring myself to sell it so i have put it to bed in the garage and have decided to use it as a track only car hopefully do loads of trckdays this year and even more next year. basically ijust wanna know what sort of mods i wanna do to get the best performance on track,
obvioulsly a set of ap brakes is first on the list.
i have a set of jic coilovers which r rock hard and no good for driving fast on road but should prob be good for the track, i think the r already handles pretty well to be honest just with these coilovers on it.
what other suspension mods would be top of the list to make it handle even better.
also gonna go for a full weld in cage, decent bucket seats with proper mounts weleded into the floor, harnesses, fire extinguishers, perspex windows, strip out everythin i dont need includig the dash etc etc. is there anythin else u can think of, but basically its the suspension setup i wanna sort out the most. does any1 know what settings can be changed on the jic coilovers, i have access to a brilliant suspension setup service so just wanna know what i need to aim for.
also if any1 has any of the bits i need for sale pm me.
cheers guys.
nick j

R

Russ'R

To transform your car into a track car will cost a hell of a lot more than your insurance renewal I hope..
Good luck though, I am looking to do the same to mine, but with a little road action aswell, mainly to Nurburg.

creedy

the weld in cage will be over a grand fitted.. and if your paying more than that for insurance you wana shop around

D

deslynam

Common theme here, how can you afford all that stuff for it if you can't even afford to insure it? Got a trailer to get it to circuits?

gtirtrack

track

yes i have a trailer, the car costs to much to run on an everyday basis, it is to extreme for the road also as it is stupidly loud and has solid suspension that trys to chuck u off the roads when you drive quickly. i also will loose my license if ikeep drivin this car as im often doing silly speeds on the motorway. its not the fact i cant afford to insure it its just i have decided i would much rather spend money on using it as a track car. i am a motorsport fabricator who fabricates cages for a living so i can do a full weld in cage for the price of the material which in t45 is around 400quid, if u were to pay for a decent t45 full weld in cage fitted your looking at at least 3000 where i work lol. plus i used to have a 106 rallye dedicated to track use only and would really like to track the pulsar due to the fact its running around 4 times the power lol. i also have regular use of the top gear test track for free so this is a bonus. i will use the pulsar for track only an by a cheap 4x4 for road use and use it to trailer the pulsar to tracks. as my pulsar as had a lot spent on it already i dont have to spend to much to get it to be a really good track car. cheers for your views anyway, just need to know about suspension setup for the track really, everythin else is pretty much sorted. cheers