Tubby question...

I bought this (<-- clicky) a couple of weeks ago. Given the spec (re-printed below), what turbo would be recommended for 450ish brake? She's been mapped for 1.5 bar and is currently developing around 370bhp (from the last RR printout).

I've been looking on ATP's site, but most of it's double-dutch to me :oops:

I get the impression that the 3071R would be the best choice for not too much lag, but I read that I'd have to run about 2.5bar to get 450! :shock: The AVC-R will only do 2 bar ;) What would give 450 bhp under 2 bar?

I realise that there will be other odds & sods too, 3" exhaust, etc

Engine
• Ashley Motorsport Rebuild engine with CP Forged pistons and rings
• New lightened and balanced crank and Eagle con rods, new bearings, seals, gaskets etc
• Ashley ported and polished head
• 1.2mm head gasket (his advert said 2.0mm, but I have a receipt for a 1.2mm)
• Garret T28RS Roller Bearing turbo
• GTiRSpares front mounted intercooler
• Tomei 264 cams + Pulleys + valve springs
• MSD 700cc injectors
• Uprated Fuel Rail
• Mocal 13 row front mount oil cooler
• Apex AVCR Boost controller
• Motec M4 ECU
• ER1 water injection
• HKS SSQV dump valve
• Bosch 255l/h fuel pump
• Large K&N Induction Kit
• Full Mongoose stainless steel exhaust system with decat + 5inch tail pipe

Transmission
• Quaife synchromesh Helical, close ratio gears gearkit
• OS Giken twin plate clutch +flywheel
• B&M Quickshift

Last edited:

JIMMYBACK

prkwans gtir...........you bought it it a good little machine matey just buy a 3071 you forget the 3071 torque figure will be closely match the bhp figure.trust me you wont regret it

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
The GT3071R hits a peak at around 2.3bar but you'll maybe get the 450bhp before then....

1.4bar will give you 400bhp or more... 1.8 - 2.3bar will give you the around the 450bhp but the more boost you run - upto 2.3bar - the more torque you'll gain...

The way i see it

1.6bar - 432bhp
1.8bar - 441bhp
2.2bar - 450bhp

As you can see there isn't really much gain in after 1.8bar...

Remember that the AWD GTiR used this turbo... Ran it at 1.7bar for 420bhp and 450lb.ft

You could always go with the GT3076R... 460bhp @ 1.7bar quite happily...

Hope that helps...

Rishi

Last edited:

1&onlygti-r

i have a gt3071r turbo, hks actuator only done 2000 miles can prove with recipt original garrett brought from hiteq, also have the standard manifold with machined wedge which will be needed to fit the turbo to clear it away from the gear box im after £900 for the kit. i also have a dp tubular manifold in mint condition sell it with turbo and actuator £1200.
Does not come with braided lines.

I've changed some of these to thumbnails... Can you do the same to with the rest of the pics please... If you don't know how then read up on the topic listed in the Website Forum - ADMIN

Last edited:
1&onlygti-r: I know what you're selling fella, we've been talking about it via PM on Nissan Modifiers, lol. Don't you recognise my nickname?

Rishi: Thanks for that. Is the GT3076R much more laggy than the 3071?

Rishi

Major_Sarcasm said:

haven't had a chance to personally compare the pair of them in cars... But remember that turbo technology has changed... Turbos are easier to spool quicker... Even think about the twin scroll housing for it...

I don't think that there is too much difference lag wise between the 2 but the 76 will lag more than the 71... Someone like Ashills or Fusion_ED will have a better idea as they have had more personal experience with cars running the various turbos...

Maybe worth pointing them to this thread so that everyone else can benefit from their input...

Rishi

Rishi

1&onlygti-r said:
sorry mate just thought id put them up for others to see if there interested
Pics are fine... Just try to use the thumbnails if you could... They are clicky so you just click on them and they open up into the full sized picture...

Just that this way it doesn't use up so much bandwidth...

Rishi

1&onlygti-r

Major_Sarcasm said:
1&onlygti-r: I know what you're selling fella, we've been talking about it via PM on Nissan Modifiers, lol. Don't you recognise my nickname?

sorry mate just thought id put them up for others to see if there interested