Tuner recommendations?

Curtis

Hi all,

I've been out of the R game for a while now and things have no doubt moved on a bit in the world of decent tuners, but back to using the car on a daily basis (for now) hence looking for somewhere respected to get it checked over in the Hampshire/Surrey area ideally but will travel a bit for a place with a good rep.

Please don't post bad experiences on here, PM me these if you want though, don't want to start a good v's bad war and I've been around long enough to know that a few bad reports doesn't mean a bad tuner.

In the passed I've used Abbey Motorsport which I found very good if a little expensive and SAS (Tuning Japanese) in Aldershot who've had mixed reviews in the past so I'll take silence on them as a sign of todays experiences...

If this info is posted else where already please point me in the right direction (I did have a look around before posting mind?).

Rob (Odin), If this is not posted in your opinion of the correct thread please feel free to move it, I see you are selling your latest heap off for parts, still can't figure out how they all fit together eigh? ;)

If this thread starts to cause trouble as they sometimes do please also feel free to delete it, I'm a bit old now to be involved in all that...

Thanks in advance.
Curtis.

EVOBAD

as odin ther all a bunch ofconmen & what work u looking to do to the car plus u said about tuneing crapanese keep well away from them they dont no nothing

Curtis

Rob, thanks for your kind words as helpful as ever... :)
Give me a shout next time you are down this way, be good to catch up over a beer. I'm in Scotland at least once a month, but only as far as Edinburgh.

Evobad, nothing special in terms of work, just an experenced R tuner who can give it a good going over, check the fueling on the Apexi etc and make sure it's running ok. I used to use it every day for years, but it's had limited use over the last 4 years though I have started to use it daily again for the last few months.

I'm also getting to posh to even do an oil change myself these days. LOL

I might be selling it soon as well so want to give it a full health check.

Thanks.
Curtis

P

pulsarboby

check out the links page on www.gti-r-us.co.uk

top bloke who knows his stuff;-)

enjoys the job & challenge, and like most hes not just in it for the money!

Curtis

Thanks for the link pulsarboby, I think I've met Bob before at an event some time back in the day... a little further than I'd of liked to travel (2 hours), but worth considering so thanks again.

P

pulsarboby

Odin said:
But didn't he ask for a tuner :shock: , Not an oily rag :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Rob

uuuum! yes he did, and thats what ive given him the link to:roll: :der:

read the post numbnut:doh: :lol: :lol:

Radleigh

EarnI'm using Power Engineering (located in Uxbridge, West London area), Only because I've known the company for donkeys years, and become good friends with Iain, the mapper/tuner.

Will be doing alot of work myself, but using Iain for the mapping, and a guide for me when I get stuck. Very helpful guy indeed!

If you wish to get in touch, let me know. :D

Last edited: