Tuning Options

J

John Laverick

Hi guys…

A friend of mine has just purchased a Pulsar GTIR and wants to carry out a couple of upgrades straight away BUT

a) Doesn’t know where to take it in the Stoke area [if anywhere?]
b) Doesn’t know what options are available and how much its gonna cost?

He wants to upgrade the front discs/pads and also wants a little bit more power [chip, fmic, induction kit and exhaust].

Can anyone offer any advise?
:D

stugtir

Hi and welcome to the forum :roll: :wink:

If you do a search there is plenty of advice on here as how to go about upgrading your pulsar.

One thing i would say is dont bother with just upgraded discs and pads! seriously no t worth it just go for a set of 4 pot willwood calipers and 280mm discs straight away!

The initial cost will be a bit more but it will be well worth it in the long run, as brakes are the the worst thing about the car! :wink:

stu

S

stokie1

loads of other stoke's m8 :wink:

from stoke on trent myself

for mechanial stuff try euro parts, mainly r5's
but they do afew pulsars, evo's, scoobies etc
their going to be fitting my genesis engine soon :D

good bunch of lads,

what colour/reg is your m8's r

P

petegtir

chip? the only people i know that do a chip is norris designs. but from my s13 days i know that jez at www.h-dev.co.uk can map any sr20det chip so he could suit it to your m8's mods perfectly.

exhaust. most people go for a mongoose there is a 5" or a 3.5" exit option and both decat and cat back systems. hiteq.co.uk do the mongoose for 330quid. full system made of SS.

£155 get you an hks powerflow filter. i spotted it on hiteq's site but i'm sure other places will sell them too.

fmic. there are hundreds of options here. one very cheap way to do it, is to get a core (the intercooler its self) from ebay and then buy the bits of pipe to join it up.
some people have even front mounted their top mount cooler. there is a how to on the home page.
or any of the big tuning places will be able to supply and fit a fmic. but expect to pay 800-1000 for it.
check out the for sale section. you might find something in there.

welcome to the forum
pete