tunning

ashleygtir

hi, i have a standard R and would like a little more poke from it, but would also like to keep reliablity. so what do i need and what sort of power would be safe? also does having a short shift help improve the life of the gear box? thanx

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just go the 1bar route, service it regularly and it should be fairly reliable.

(Filter, exhaust, clutch, fuel pump recommended, plugs, front mount if you want)

Short shifter wont improve the life of the gearbox. May help reduce it through more missed gears tho.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

Hi Ashley,

we have just done a R with simalar mods to what carl listed and it made 314hp.

seen your in south wales mate im down the road in newport

Cheers Lionel.

mad max

you dont need a fmic on 1 bar as for the clutch (how many miles has it had done )you will find if you turn up the boost the clutch is the first thing to go if all else is set up right

ashleygtir

Ninja_tune_factory said:
Hi Ashley,

we have just done a R with simalar mods to what carl listed and it made 314hp.

seen your in south wales mate im down the road in newport

Cheers Lionel.
ive seen a black R with the sump guard thingy, was that yours?

N

Ninja_tune_factory

Nope my ones white mate with 17" no spoiler:roll:

If you need help or anythink pop down:thumbsup:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

nismoboy said:
314bhp @ 1 bar lol

you`ll only get 280 tops with one bar boost exhaust and filter.

If you read what fast guy has put in his post your find he listed a little more the just exhaust and filter:roll:

and yes one of are cars did make 314hp@1bar and it has very limmited mods

Lionel.

F

Fusion Ed

If you want to think more long term rather than the 'turn up the boost and prey' method uprate the clutch and put an e-manage on it. Then you have a basis by which every other mod can be accounted for - properly.

ashleygtir

Fusion Ed said:
If you want to think more long term rather than the 'turn up the boost and prey' method uprate the clutch and put an e-manage on it. Then you have a basis by which every other mod can be accounted for - properly.
whats e-manage? is it like the apexi boost controller?

GTiR_Mic

Ricky_GTi-R said:
E-manage is a whole new ECU;-)
I think you will find that the E-Manage is only a piggy back unit mate. it is the Apexi Power FC that is the replacment ECU ;)

Mic