Turbo compressor wheel angle.....

PaulB

Fellas,
just taken delivery of my new gt3071r turbo, but have a quiery regarding the orientation of the compressor wheel, once its bolted to the manifold, noticed it when looking at other peoples pics.
Im thinking that when its bolted to the manifold, the outlet pipe wont be pointing directly up for me to join onto the pipework.

Any ideas how to spin /move it round?

Thanks

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Undo those bolts at the back of the compressor housing and rotate it round to where you want it..

Rishi

PaulB

As easy as that?
Is that the bolts facing the picture?
Im just thinking that the actuator wont point to ward the wastegate no more.

O

Odin

paulb81 said:
As easy as that?
Is that the bolts facing the picture?
I'm just thinking that the actuator wont point to ward the waste gate no more.

Yes it's as easy as that matey, You will need to make or have made a new actuator bracket or move it around to a different position on the housing.

The buying and fitting of the GT3071R is very well documented on this forum mate :roll: , Who the hell buys a new turbo with out first researching how to fit the bl00dy thing first :der: .

You should of bought it from ashhills if you don't know anything about fitting things like this, Because it would of arrived all set up with the right bracket for fitting to a GTIR.

Rob

PaulB

excuse me?
done plenty of research thank you.

Ive bought it off micra edd, as a direct(ish) replacement, but was just looking at pictures of other peoples turbos bolted on, my housing looks at a different angle.

il tell better when i bolt it on at the weekend

Fusion Ed

It is all ready set. There is no reason why you should need to change anything. :)

If its like this all is well...

Ed