Turbo, oil feed pipe.

B

Brett G

Has anybody had to change one of these and how hard is it to do in situ?
Mine has suddenly started leaking, I tried tightening the union and now its P***ing out!! :shock:
I haven't had a real good look at exactly where its coming from (could even be a split pipe) but Im sure it is from this area.
Is this quite common?
Any help or advise guys?

Brett

zia

abit hard get to the turbo side, easier to remove the whole lot and change all pipes inluding water ones, pm mike for his braided pipes.

zia

B

Brett G

Cheers matey,
But i've just jacked the car up and took the oil feed pipe off. Looks like where its suppossed to bend near the union (on the turbo side) it has almost bent in half! :shock: It seems to have work hardend like that and split :shock: :shock: :cry:
Does Mike have all the relevant parts needed? i.e. crush washers etc?
I take it this is a fairly common problem and the braided ones are flexable :?:
How much does Mike sell em all for?
Cheers Zia
p.s. Hows that Engine going? :wink:

zia

brett have look see in buying for mike s braided hoses, bit wierd it breaking don,t normally break unless turbo been removed or pipe been taken off incorrectly? yes the braided are flexi :wink: regarding the engine sitting my shed in few bits, doing the research and saving for the upgraded bits :lol:

zia

B

Brett G

I'll have a look on buying and selling.
Well as you know the engine has been changed in my car but my old turbo went on as I knew it was good! Maybe the pipe was Shagged before!?? Oh well, you live and learn. :oops:
Cheers for your help Zia :wink:

Brett