Turbo oil feed

Pete Watson

Thanks for all the info regarding a new turbo, i decided to go for the MD214 in the end.

While i was chatting to Turbo Dynamics they suggested that it would be a good idea to fit an inline Oil Filter. The only one i can find is from Bailey, it's not cheapand when you start adding on the price of new Oil Lines it will work out quite expensive.

Does anyone know of another option?

Cheers Pete

geetee

Not heard of anyone having problems with turbo longevity due to contaminated oil.

As above - 3K mile oil and filter changes.

It'll save you more than the cost of a new tubby in the long run. It'll preserve your whole engine.

But then you're on an owner's site - ppl actually give a sh1t and do change their oil and don't use ASDA own brand 10w-40.

Cheers
GeeTee

Nad

There are two in the demon tweeks catologue. The other one is a blue one witha mesh filter. That is the one I brought. God knows if I still got it though. Gave ti too a mate of mine 2 yrs ago when the car came off the road, just hope he still has it!

Nad

Pete Watson

Thanks for the replies.

As i have just bought the car it is a little difficult to know if the last owner (who has turned out to be a complete tosser) changed the Oil on a regular basis. First job i did was drop the Oil and change Filter, the Oil that came out was filthy, so i guess 3K oil change was not on his list. Still it doesn't really surprize me considering the other things i have found wrong with the car.

Cheers Pete