turbo oil leak!!!!

bawsack

Selling Up..
noticed im leaking oil from turbo?? its a 3071r seems to be leaking( now bear wtih me not that technical ok) the bit in the middle beside what looks like exhaust side of turbo if this makes sense dosent seem to be from any lines etc??!!! ca any one advise?

O

Odin

bawsack said:
noticed im leaking oil from turbo?? its a 3071r seems to be leaking( now bear wtih me not that technical ok) the bit in the middle beside what looks like exhaust side of turbo if this makes sense dosent seem to be from any lines etc??!!! ca any one advise?

It will be leaking from the turbo core ( the bit in the middle lol), Check the oil inlet pipe at the top of the turbo and the oil return at the bottom that goes to the sump.

Bring it around on thursday and I can take a look if you like ;-) .

Rob

bawsack

Selling Up..
what should i be looking for rob? is there an easy fix or could it be for the want of a beteer word without swearing erm.........broke? im working rite throuh till next sat wont get the chance do take it i dont think?

O

Odin

bawsack said:
what should i be looking for rob? is there an easy fix or could it be for the want of a better word without swearing erm.........broke? I'm working rite through till next sat wont get the chance do take it i don't think?

Well you could either have a loose inlet pipe or the oil return hose could be split maybe, It can only be one of the two things unless the turbo oil seals a fooked and oil is dripping out the inter cooler pipework which is very unlikely.

Try doing up the oil inlet pipe with a 12mm I think spanner, And getting under the car and checking the oil return rubber hose for splits/leaks.

Rob

neil240z

this could be an Andy Chan special!!

when fitting a 3071r the metal return pipe (oil) that bolts to the turbo (2 x 10mm) needs modifying to fit and can easily not sit flush to the turbo and leak oil, unless your blocking the flow to the turbo or return which i assume your not.

speak to MrGTiR about this for a possible quick solution.

regards

Neil