Turbo on eBay

J

justin666

Pic looks the same as the one SSAutochrome use :? :? They fit but apparently they dont last :( :( As a certain VPulsar once said, "you get what ya pay for" .

J.

S

Stoned

SSAuto turbo road test here: http://www2.spdweb.net/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=72

People always seem to slag these turbo's off, but they are all recycling the same story that went round on the net.

I dont own one btw, I just researched the issue by visiting countless forums and it was always a link to the same single story about a turbo being glued together or something daft.

J

justin666

From what I had read most of the problems were not down to the way the turbo internals were put together as dont they use Garrett internals.? I read that alot of people found issues with the casting of housing inside the turbo which caused various boost problems. I think a few of the 200sx boys actually got the housing machined out again and from what i know there have been no problems since :)

If these turbos did turn out to be as good as the garrett GT units i would happily have one as the price's are fanstasic in comparison :D :D With garrett, you are probably paying for the name, with SS your not, hence "ya get what ya pay for" :) Will have to see how that test turn out :)

J.

boucherie

it does seem that a high percentage of people slate ssautochrome off. We brought some flanges from them and they werent the best finish to be perfectly honest but that bloke seems to be having no problems with running there full kit, although if he's only running 4-5 psi i think he needs to up the boost to at least a Bar before any of us take notice :wink:

boucherie

paz said:
So would this be their copy of the disco potato?

http://www.ssautochrome.com/prod.itml/icOid/1596

Not knowing anything about turbo fitment etc would that go straight on our cars or need work, and what maximum power is that likely to generate - 350ish bhp?

Paz
I would say that this is indeed there version of the disco potato, just had a quick read of the instructions and it should be fairly straight forward even for someone like you paz, but might be best to call in a couple of mates to help you.
If that turbo elbow has a 3" diameter to it then your gona be quids in

paz

boucherie said:
fairly straight forward even for someone like you paz
:lol: Is that because I'm a mincer or just shit with anything technical - I can't even change my seat covers FFS! :roll: :lol: :wink:

I was just interested to be honest after seeing that name and the fitment etc. My clutch needs changing first before the boost goes up and I'll probably run the standard tubby until thats on its way out before I change it.

Paz

boucherie

paz said:
boucherie said:
:lol: Is that because I'm a mincer or just Skoda with anything technical - I can't even change my leather look halfords seat covers FFS! :roll: :lol: :wink:

Paz
Im not the most technical person, but if you dont attempt this little projects then you wont acheive anything :!:

boucherie

paz said:
boucherie said:
:lol: Is that because I'm a mincer or just Skoda with anything technical - I can't even change my leather look halfords seat covers FFS! :roll: :lol: :wink:

Paz
Im not the most technical person, but if you dont attempt this little projects then you wont acheive anything :!: