Turbo Question - T25/T3 Hybrid Turbo

S

SplanK

Hiya guys..

I dont think this has been answered before as im sure this would be a "downgrade" from the standard GTiR tubby however i have just been offered a T25/T3 Hybrid Turbo for a reasonable amount of money and in good condition..

I am planning on fitting a GTiR engine into my Primera in the very near future and am on the hunt for bits!!

I am *aiming* to get around 300bhp @ fly

I was just wondering, having this turbo pushing at 14psi, what i would be looking at power wise. I will be rebuilding the engine when i get it but I am not 100% sure on if i will get any other mods done (IE head work)

Thanks in advance

Rage

The GTi-R have a T25\T3 Hybrid turbo orginally... Maybe you have been offered a replacement turbo?

S

SplanK

aah - for some reason i thought the GTiRs came with T28's!!

Well for 250 notes, I have been offered the turbo, manifold, an external waste gate. the turbo had a rebuild 2500 miles ago and was about to go onto another car..

I wonder if this was taken from a GTiR originialy then!

S

SplanK

m just had a look at the info pannel on the left and found this:

"No.5 Uprated Turbo

The spec of the turbo will generally depend on the spec of the engine (or planned spec). Ask your supplier or tuner for advice. A popular option is a standard casing (T28) with uprated internals T3 turbine etc. "

Which would imply that the GTiR came with a T28 tubby as standard... so im guessing the T25 would be a slightly smaller turbo but with a better turbine?