turbo question

boucherie

hi people,

can you have a look at the pic below and tell me if anyone sees anything wrong with my turbo, ive only just noticed after having it sitting upstairs in its box for the past 6weeks that something could be wrong :oops:

boucherie

yeah thats the one, came from the states. just been onto his listing and the compressor wheel looks like its missing the same section in the pics that he has put up :?:

boucherie

cheers fella, is your turbo the one that came from 'fatboy garage motorsports' or something like that :?:

J

justin666

Is that just not part thats been machined off for the balancing process..?? Looks like a big chunk tho :? My Turbo Techincs super hybrid just had a couple of small machining mark on the retaining Nut for the balancing but nothing like that :?

J..

O

Odin

Its just the bit they take out for balancing as Justin said :wink: , But it must of been way out in the first place :shock: .

You get what you pay for I suppose :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Who cares as long as it does the job :wink: .

Rob

boucherie

cheers guys, for a minute then i thought i was gona have to send the bloody thing back and pay even more duty when the new one arrived :roll:

at least i can get everything fitted now and easily cruise into the mid 300's :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Erm... I personally don't think it looks right at all... The top end will be off balance... Shaving a few thou off yes ok to make sure its within tollerance but that chunk thats missing off that turbo is taking the piss...

Call up Craig from TD for a 2nd opinion but i wouldn't fit that to my car just yet... Not if you want the turbo to last...

Rishi

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
Erm... I personally don't think it looks right at all... The top end will be off balance... Shaving a few thou off yes OK to make sure its within tolerance but that chunk that's missing off that turbo is taking the naughty...

Call up Craig from TD for a 2nd opinion but i wouldn't fit that to my car just yet... Not if you want the turbo to last...

Rishi

It is a big chunk but you can see that its been machined off, So they must of done it for a reason. And the only reason I can think off is that it was way out of balance in the first place :shock: .

They must be confident that its OK otherwise whats the point of sending it out :? .

But it wouldn't hurt to send a pic to turbo dynamics for a second opinion that's for sure, There the experts :wink: .

If it had been a turbo dynamics or ATP turbo then I'm sure they would of just fitted better balanced parts in the first place, Maybe this is the reason yours and micks turbo where so cheap.

rob

zia

comp seem to have been damaged the comp wheel should have circular housing as it come off the shaft and is only held on by the center nut.have close look at the edge of the blade's if slightly bent the i would send it back

zia