turbo...!! wot do uz think..??

P

pulsar_alan

gav my beast a bit of the old shoe on friday nite..whilst on my private runway at 73mph(cough) she started to misfire and had white smoke pouring from my exhaust..got off the motorway and had a look..no obvious signs...slowly drove the 10mile home,got it to my garage to hav a wee investigation.....cylinder's 2,3,4 all swimming in oil..oil sprayed all up the block at the wasatgate/distributer cap side :? and barely any oil left in the engine at all..luckily she aint knocking from the bottom end,yet..!! any idea's on wot the damage might be..?? :? :( :cry:

ram5ay

If there's oil coming out of your bov then could be turbo gone, what about cylinder 1?
Were you running much boost?

P

pulsar_alan

ram5ay said:
If there's oil coming out of your bov then could be turbo gone, what about cylinder 1?
Were you running much boost?

cylinder 1 was ok,no oil or anything....never noticed any oil coming out the sheepdog tho.....

Nigell_d6

Hi,

Are the turbo pipes to the intercooler ok, not split or cracked?

Whats the water level like in the car?

Is the oil feed and oil drain on the turbo ok ?

Is the oil just outside or actually awash inside 2,3,& 4 cylinders?

Regards

Nigel

GTiR_Mic

Check the intercooler pipework after the turbo, when my turbo went there was tarces of oil on the pipework and i only noticed about 1.5L of oil out of my engine.

Mic

P

pulsar_alan

Nigell_d6 said:
Hi,

Are the turbo pipes to the intercooler ok, not split or cracked?

Whats the water level like in the car?

Is the oil feed and oil drain on the turbo ok ?

Is the oil just outside or actually awash inside 2,3,& 4 cylinders?

Regards

Nigel[/quote

the spark plugs were dripping with oil....but the water level and colour were ok..phew......not had a chance to check any of the pipes yet tho

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Had you recently filled (over filled maybe) the engine oil?

It maybe your engine heavy breathing, forcing the oil through the induction system back into the engine, which would point to worn rings :?

It could be worth doing a compression check and see how it turns out.