Turbo XS RFL

G

GTiRich

Hi I've been running this for a few months now but it isnt really that loud. What am i doing wrong? i tried it with different numbers of packing washers but it doesnt change the sound. Someone said cut the spring but i dont know how much to cut coz i'm scared of cutting too much and having a few hundred quids worth of knackered DV. Cheers for any help,
Rich

c20ona

i've got the same one as well and it's loud as feck.dont cut the spring.the valve is pre set (ie no washers) for 15psi.but even when i drive at the std 9psi it still rips its t1ts off.everything plumbed up ok etc ?.

kenny

G

GTiRich

i'm running standar boost at the mo. The shop i bought it off plumbed it all in so hopefuly it's all ok. No hoses have come off. It just sounds like a fucking snake hissing and its getting right on my tits

c20ona

sorry mate, a little lost as to why else it would do this ?.can see it being very annoying though.hope someone else can figure it out cos i had a little
look at mine and can't see any other reason for this ?.
actually, in the area where it vents, you should be able to touch the piston.
try and push this with your finger.there should be a little bit of give. (not too much mind).if it's solid and will not move at all, then this could be your prob.it's just not letting enough out after gear changes (does the car feel a little weird during changes ?.the valve could be forcing the pressure back into the turbo).worth a little look.

G

GTiRich

yeah it's quite firm with a lil bit of give i rember playin with the piston before it went on the car. Could it be down to the vacuum hose he's put on because it appears to be a rubber hose covered in some kind of material?

c20ona

mmm, weird though eh.can't figure it mate.maybe the spring is too hard.
are you not able to get diff pressure springs direct from turbo xs in oz ?.
infact, try this company thats based in britain :
www.impossible-performance.cwc.net
they may have the different springs avail.hope you get it sorted mate, cos it sounds the business when she's screeming ! :wink:

G

GTiRich

i originally bought it from impossible performance and he installed it for me too. Might ring him and see what he says. Thanks for the help anyway