Turboing my n/a pulsar

X

X1R2NV

ive got everything sorted but all i need is a exhaust manifold.i just wana know wat i can do. i was thinkin bout getting a stainless tubular manifold for a 4g63 or something and cutting off the flange and making one to fit my engine. or a cast gtir one nd modify it..im open to any ideas?

A

andrew

what type of n/a pulsar is it?
1.8?
what model n14?

let me know so i can see if i can help you on what parts you may need

GTiR_Mic

My mate has just built another Sunny GTI Turbo at his work.

THey used my old Tubro, Manifold and fron section of my mongose. Other bits where a GTiR ECU, S14 Pistons and frount mount intercooler.

Im sure there will be other bits but that is all i can think of just now.

Mic

GTiR_Mic

Well the engine and quafie are in the car now, me and rob got it all sorted last night and started puting the turbo in and I noticed sonthing strange about the actuator. The nipple that goes to the boost controller had snapped off :(

So I need to send it back to Forge today and will get it back next week now, just going to finish off everything else today......top up fluids, put on intercooler and bumper. Need to take hubs away to get checked, one of them fell apart after a new bearing went in :lol:

So hopefully it will be on the road next week.

Mic

X

X1R2NV

its a 1990 pulsar x1r (as u can tell from my name) and its got a ga16de. ive seen quite a few in america with turbos on doing 250fwhp.im only gonna be runing 5psi through an external wastegate for now untill i get my link ecu and forged internals.for now i have a ARC a/m thick as gtir top mount.ssqv bov.toyota t20 watercooled turbo (vacuum actuated wastegate vents at around 7psi.hence y im getting a 5psi spring in an external) and ive got mazda gtx injectors and fuel pump.malpassi rising rate fuel pressure reg 1:1.and all the other crap..all i really need is a exhaust manifold.put i need something to fit the ga16de head

btw it is a n14

Last edited by a moderator: