Tyres for original wheels

cerbyphil

Managed to source a set of original wheels. Will refurb them, but need to also change the tyres. Recommendations required from the forum gurus please. Having difficulty locating garages or tyre places that sell 14's. Recommended profile and width would also be useful as well as manufacturer. Thanks in anticipation.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
No I haven't.

Actually, I've just checked an old picture and I did have 225/40/16 T1S's on for a short while and don't remember having any problems with them bar a bit of rubbing on heavy suspension compression..

vss irvine

I put avons on all my stock cars now.

its a good tyre and fair price. Plus it comes in the right size.

cerbyphil

Thanks Guys. Any garage recommendations to procure as I am struggling to locate.

DD - I have T1R's on my 16's at the moment and I find they do compliment the car pretty well. A little sidewall movement bet the car is planted and will grip, even if the chassis moves them around a little. I have no other point of reference though, so I could be talking bollocks, but I do personally like them.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The biggest problem I had with T1Rs is how soft the compound is. - Chew through a set of those pretty quickly.

I've just switched to Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 (or something like that); they seem to have a lot more life in them, but I'm open to suggestions.

Dangerous Dave

Thats what I mean there is too much movement in them, mine alway rolled on to the side walls maybe because it was a bigger profile? But my 205 had 55 on and they still rolled over slightly but the two cars are completely different.

Im just not a big fan of the T1R been on the R, tbh the t1r is more of a budget tyre now there is better tyres out there now but this depends on what you use you car for

shroom

I use my car to keep my garage company so I have t1rs and they are fine for that. If you need more than a garage orniment as the mrs calls it then above suggestions could suite lol

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Thats what I mean there is too much movement in them, mine alway rolled on to the side walls maybe because it was a bigger profile? But my 205 had 55 on and they still rolled over slightly but the two cars are completely different.
Maybe that was my issue. - Both the Toyos and the Goodyears I had in 205/50/16, but these Hankooks are a 205/45/16 (XL).